Rosemarie Nugent, Counselling Psychologist, is the principal of Manly Pittwater Psychology. She has been counselling individuals, couples and families for eighteen years. As well as conducting a private practice during this period, Rosemarie has worked within a number of community settings including the Smith Family (as a welfare worker), Family Drug Support (providing phone support to families), and the former Department of Community Services (as a child protection caseworker).
With years of her own life experiences, Rosemarie understands personal challenges as well as the challenges of family life and being a parent. In her practice today, Rosemarie provides psychological services in the following areas :
- Helping individuals develop strategies to deal with issues such as anxiety, depression, low self-esteem and grief & loss
- Counselling clients who wish to enhance their general wellbeing or who require assistance with adjustment to significant life changes, e.g. loss of loved one, unemployment or relocation for work
- Professional advice and support for parents of children and adolescents
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) for children and adolescents dealing with anxiety, depression or low self esteem
- Relationship counselling for couples